If you love doing laps at the local pool, then you simply must buy the best earplugs for swimming.I was a teenager when I realized how important it is to have the best earplugs for swimming. We used to go to the local YMCA every Saturday morning and, each time, I would come home and spend the rest of the day trying to get water out of my ears.
That was until I received a great pair of earplugs as a gift. For me, they were the best earplugs for swimming because they fit well and they kept the water out. If you still haven't found yours, then it's time to buy the best earplugs for swimming.
Putty Buddies Original Swimming Earplug
Mack's AquaBlock Earplugs
Hearprotek Swimming Ear Plugs
Speedo Ergo Ear PlugsEnter your text here...
SYOSIN Swimming Ear PlugsEnter your text here...
Every Cares Silicone Swimming Earplugs
Oken Swimming Earplugs Audible Ear Plugs
What Is It and Why Should You Use It?
Earplugs are devices that you insert into your ears to block out noise or protect you from dust or strong winds. But the ones designed specifically for swimming can also keep water from entering your ears.
Aside from keeping your inner ears dry while you're at the pool, swimming earplugs can also help you concentrate on your laps and your strokes by blocking distracting sounds. But the most compelling reason is to make sure that you don't get an ear infection.
Say No to Swimmer's Ear with the Best Earplugs for Swimming
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing earplugs to avoid getting swimmer's ear. This painful infection of the middle ear is caused by water staying in the ear canal too long. The moist environment encourages germs and bacteria to grow and infect the skin. This condition can make your inner ear very red and itchy.
It can also cause extreme pain, and pus may drain out of the infected ear. If you're still not sold on using the best earplugs for swimming, then you should know that 98 percent of acute swimmer's ear cases are caused by bacteria found in freshwater and swimming pools. The CDC adds that around 2.4 million hospital visits were for swimmer's ear and other similar conditions.
What You Should Look For
There are three styles of swimming earplugs that you can choose. First, are the flanged earplugs, which are conical in shape and have multiple ridges or flaps that keep the water out of your ears. Flanged earplugs are more affordable than other types and are best for beginners who are trying to get used to wearing earplugs while swimming.
Then you have ergonomic earplugs, which are perfect for those who are looking for a snug fit. These products lay flat against your outer ear and are better at keeping your inner ears dry. Lastly, you can get the moldable silicone putty, which you can put inside your ear for a customized fit.
These types of earplugs act like a waterproof seal no matter what your ear shape is.So, if you are looking for earplugs that save you money, get the flanged type. But if you absolutely hate water getting into your ears, then go for the moldable earplugs. If you want something that can keep the water out but doesn't cost too much, then go for ergonomic earplugs.
You have several options when it comes to earplug materials. The best earplugs for swimming are usually made of moldable silicone, soft plastics, latex, or silicone.
When choosing earplugs, make sure that they fit comfortably into your ears. These devices should stay in place throughout your time in the pool. If you devote a lot of time swimming, then consider getting an earplug that may be reused. There are also sets that you can buy, allowing you to have extra pairs of earplugs should you lose the one you're using.
How We Chose the Best Earplugs for Swimming
We then checked these recommended products on Amazon and chose only the highly rated ones. We also made sure that customer reviews are generally positive.This way, we are sure to suggest only the products that are trusted by experts, credible sources, and actual users.
The 7 Best Earplugs for Swimming
The best earplugs for swimming will make your time in the water more enjoyable and productive, especially if you swim often. It can also help prevent swimmer's ear. What are the best earplugs for swimming that you can buy right now?
Putty Buddies Original Swimming Earplugs
- SOFT SILICONE EARPLUGS. Easy to use and mold to the ear! MUCH MORE soft & comfortable than other ear plugs.
- RECOMMENDED BY DOCTORS WORLDWIDE. Invented by an Ear, Nose, Throat Physician. HELPS PREVENT SWIMMER'S EAR. Perfect for ear tubes, perforated eardrums, myringotomy, myringotomy tubes, otitis media, and otitis externa.
- GUARANTEED EAR PROTECTION. Block water from the ear canal! Great for swimming, bathing, surfing, water skiing, canoeing, and kayaking. Perfect for traveling to the pool, lake or beach.
- TACKY TEXTURE keeps earplugs in place. ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL design. Great for kids and adults! Reusable and last longer than other earplugs.
- Bright colors are appealing to kids. Kids love them! THE BEST SWIMMING EARPLUGS & EAR PROTECTION. Use with the EAR BAND-IT or EAR BAND-IT ULTRA SWIMMING HEADBAND for best protection.
The Putty Buddies Original Swimming Earplugs is a three-pair pack of soft silicone earplugs that you can mold into each ear.
The company claims that their product is recommended by doctors to help keep water from coming into your ears when swimming or bathing. It can also prevent swimmer's ear, perforated eardrums, and a host of other in-ear conditions.
These earplugs stay in place when used correctly. They can fit both adults and kids. This product comes in different colors that are bundled into a set of three pairs. You can get clear, red, blue, yellow, teal, magenta, or purple earplugs depending on the set that you buy.
Verified users like these earplugs because they work very well at keeping water out. They also stay in place after you put them in, no matter how rigorously you move about in the water. Others commented that these earplugs are sticky, but that helps keep them in place.
However, some reviewers warn that you should not buy these earplugs if you live in hot or humid climates because the heat will break these earplugs down. Parts and pieces of the earplugs would travel down your ear canals and may even warrant a visit to the emergency room.
Mack's AquaBlock Earplugs
- Pre-molded flanged earplugs constructed of silicone and designed for super soft, super comfortable, waterproof protection
- Unique Flex Stem and triple flange design allow for a more customized fit, which increases sealing ability and improves wearer comfort
- Pre-molded silicone will not deteriorate like similar earplugs made of plastic
- Helps prevent swimmer's ear and surfer's ear
- Washable and reusable for extended wear. Includes storage case.
If you're looking for simple, affordable, and comfortable earplugs, then you should check out Mack's AquaBlock Earplugs. These earplugs have a flexible stem and three flanges that gives you a comfortable fit.
The manufacturer claims that this product uses pre-molded silicone. This material will not deteriorate like plastic earplugs. If you want to reuse these earplugs, simply wash them and keep them clean. These earplugs also include a carrying case.
Moreover, these clear earplugs come in a two-pair pack. They work so well that USA Swimming made it their official earplugs.
People love how these earplugs seal out the water, not only when they are swimming, but also when they're surfing, kayaking, and doing any other water activities. Others say that these are very comfortable to use and easy to insert. Some reviewers claim that these earplugs can also block out sounds.
However, some reviewers warn interested buyers that these earplugs may not be suitable for those who have bigger ear canals. Others say that these earplugs get stuck in their ears.
Hearprotek Swimming Ear Plugs
- [Ergonomically shaped] Hearprotek ergonomic ear plugs are shaped to fit snugly inside the ear and lay flat against the outer ear, more so than flanged models. This ensures a watertight fit and it's a perfect protection against swimmer's ear or surf's ear.
- [Comfortable & Safe] Made from soft silicone that is extremely soft and comfortable to insert in the ears and wear all the day. With the help of these earplugs, you will not face any kind of itching, scratching or irritation in the ears.
- [Bright Colors] The bright coloring of the earplugs will make you stand out and identifiable whether or not you have your earplugs in ears or not. Perfect for swimming, bathing, water skiing, canoeing and other water sports.
- [Easy carrying] The earplugs come with a reusable handy storage case, which you could just shove in your bag along with a pair of goggles to not to miss your pool session.
- [Fully Reusable & Washable] These silicone ear plugs are your best value, for they're reusable over and over again rather than throwing them out each time for a new pair! Use it while you do your exercise and plug out, wash them and keep in the protective
The Hearprotek Swimming Ear Plugs have an ergonomic shape, so they can snugly fit into your ears. The watertight fit will help protect you from surfer's ear or swimmer's ear. This product has a soft silicone material, making it very easy to insert and comfortable to wear. It is also hypoallergenic and does not cause irritation or itching.
It comes in three bright colors: blue, orange, and green. In the off-chance that you lose it in the water, it will be effortless to find. These earplugs also have a handy storage case that you can use to keep them safe. They have a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
People love these earplugs because they stay in place and don't fall off your ears, even when you don't wear a cap over them. Some reviewers say that this brand is the best one that they've tried. Others say that these earplugs have a comfortable fit and can keep your ears very dry. They also love how handy the storage case is.
However, there are quite a few complaints about these earplugs not being able to keep all the water out. Others say that the earplugs hurt their ears after wearing them for some time. Most of these complaints were due to a bad fit rather than a product or design flaw.
Speedo Ergo Ear Plugs
The Speedo Ergo Ear Plugs have a unique design. They have a contoured shape that gives you a perfect fit The design also minimizes the leakage and keeps most of the water out. These lightweight earplugs are comfortable and soft, allowing for stress-free insertion and removal.
People love how these earplugs fit snugly in their ears and keep them dry. They also like how easy these earplugs are to clean and store in the included care box.
Some reviewers comment that these earplugs do not entirely block off the sound. That way, you are still aware of people near you, and you can avoid colliding in the water.Others, however, warn those who are looking to buy these earplugs for their kids that these might not be an excellent fit for children
SYOSIN Swimming Earplugs
- 🏊Comfort & Safety: Earplugs are made of soft silicone material, environmentally friendly and non-toxic.It's waterproof and very comfortable.Soft and durable, easy to wear.With the help of this earplug, refuse any discomfort.
- 🏊Professional Design: The ergonomic earplugs are shaped to fit comfortably inside the ear and lie flat on the outer ear, making them more comfortable than others. This ensures the safety of the ear and is a perfect object to protect the swimmer's ears.
- 🏊Multi-Color & Use: A set of swimming earplugs with 3 pairs of different colors, suitable for different members of the family, or 3 colors can be used in rotation.Suitable for swimming, surfing, shower, water skiing, canoeing and other water sports.
- 🏊Easy carry: The earplugs come with a reusable plastic storage box, which you can hold one pair of earplugs, keeping earplugs clean, healthy, organized and portable.
- 🏊Tips: If the products have problems, you can contact us at any time. Click 'Add to Cart' now to surprise yourself and your family!
The SYOSIN Swimming Earplugs come in a pack of three pairs. These earplugs are designed to be safe, durable, and comfortable with non-toxic and environmentally friendly silicone material. This ergonomic product features a shape that conforms to your inner ear while looking flat on the outside.
Each pair of earplugs in this set has a different color: black, white, and blue. You can buy one set and share the other two pairs with your family or friends.Every pair has a plastic case, making it easy for you to look for the earplugs in your bag.
Verified buyers love these earplugs because they fit snugly and effectively seal the water out. Others say that these devices have helped them avoid ear infections.Some give this product contradicting reviews, though. Some complain about the earplugs not getting a tight seal. And others also say that these earplugs don't fit them and that they fall off and get lost easily underwater.
Every Cares Silicone Swimming Earplugs
- Great for swimming and showering, prevent your ears from infection
- Made with Flexible & Pliable Medical Grade Silicon, Odor free and BPA free.
- Comfort for small or sensitive ear canals, specialized tree shape minimize leakage.
- Easy to insert, remove and store
- Package: 6 Pairs Swimming Earplugs+ 6 Pcs Storage Cases
If you always misplace your earplugs and are, therefore, looking for a set with multiple pairs, then check out the Every Cares Silicone Swimming Earplugs. This product contains six pairs and doesn't cost too much. But while it has an affordable price tag, it does not scrimp on quality. It uses medical-grade silicone that is both odor- and BPA-free.
You can opt for a set of all-blue, all-black, all-green, or all-orange earplugs. Or, you can get a multicolor set. Each pair comes with its own storage case. The tree-shape flanges make these earplugs comfortable to wear, even if you have sensitive or small ear canals.
Verified customers love this product because it does not hurt their ears. Others claim that it works as it should, and it keeps your ears dry. Some recommend this particular product for kids, although it works for adults just as well. Others, however, complain about the earplugs being ill-fitting for them.
Oken Swimming Earplugs
- ✔ SOUND CAN ENTER - Allows sound to enter the ear while you're outside the water so you don't need to remove your swim earplugs every time you want to hear something.
- ✔ WATER STAYS OUT - Prevents water from entering the ear canal keeping you safe from ear infections.
- ✔ COMFORTABLE - Brand new design matches perfectly to ear shapes making them extremely comfortable.
- ✔ PERFECT FIT - 3 different sizes that ensure a perfect fit in any ear shape and/or size.
- ✔ COLORFUL- Bright colors allow you easy to find the earplugs when losing.
The Oken Swimming Earplugs is another product that can keep water from entering your ears. However, even with the earplugs on, you'd still be able to hear and remain aware of what's going on around you. This feature is ideal for those who do not like to take their earplugs out and then re-insert them whenever they need to talk to somebody in between swims.
These earplugs are designed to be comfortable and stylish. Unlike most other earplugs on this list, this one has a two-tone design, mixing black with a brighter color such as green or orange. These earplugs also come with a carrying case.
People like them because they work as advertised: sound can get in, but water cannot. However, some do complain that these earplugs are not durable.
Buy the Best Earplugs for Swimming Today
People may think that shopping for the best earplugs for swimming is a breeze. Partly, they are correct because of guides like this one. Start with this list of the best earplugs for swimming and make your choice. If you have been having problems finding a pair that fits your ears, then you might consider getting the Putty Buddies moldable earplugs.
Otherwise, you will be better off with an ergonomic earplug such as the Hearprotek product. Or one that has a special design such as the Speedo Ergo. Lastly, if you are looking to save, then do get the flanged Mack's earplugs.Have you made your choice on which one of these is the best earplugs for swimming? Tell us about it in the comments!
Featured Image via Pixabay