Last Updated on
Above ground pools are a fun, versatile and less expensive alternative to Inground pools. They require little maintenance, and you can pack them up whenever you choose.
Intex is a popular brand that has been making above ground pools for quite a while. The Intex metal frame pool set is a good choice for your family and a fun addition to your backyard, especially during the hot summer months.
Specifications and Features of the Intex Metal Frame Pool
- The pool size is 12 ft by 30 in
- The pool dimensions are 144 x 144 x 30 in
- It comes with a setup and maintenance DVD
- The pool weighs 49.1 pounds
- It includes a filter pump (110-120V) that pumps 530 gal per hour
- It has a water flow rate of 475 Gph
- The filter is easy to install, and it has a cartridge that is easy to clean
- It has dual suction outlet fittings for better water circulation
- The pool has a drain plug that connects to a garden hose for easy drainage
- It has laminated PVC side walls and durable steel frames
- The pool is equipped with a Ground Fault Interrupter that automatically shuts off the pump the water is exposed to electrical current.
Things We Liked
- The pool is strong, sturdy and durable.
- It is long lasting, can survive several seasons and endures wear and tear
- You do not need tools to assemble the pool; it is easy to put together.
- It has great quality and stability
Things We Didn't Like
- The filter included in the package is quite small and almost ineffective.
- It does not include a skimmer, net or other cleaning tools; you will have to purchase them separately.
- The pump included in the package is too small for the pool size so you may have to upgrade your pump.
- The pool needs to maintained and monitored if you want to keep the water clean.
Ease of Installation
The Intex Metal Frame Pool Set is practical, affordable and versatile. It is an inflatable that's great for the family. Incredibly easy to install, all that is required is to inflate the top ring and fill the pool with water. This simple installation process is one of the reasons why it’s so popular.
You can also move the pool from one spot to another giving you freedom and options to do with it as you wish. You can decide to set it up in your backyard, front yard, or anywhere else you choose. Cleaning this pool is not a hassle. You don't have to go to great lengths to clean the pool; it requires no fuss at all and is one of our favorite Intex pools.
How well it works
The pool has laminated PVC sidewalls, and it is made from a durable, 3-ply Puncture-resistant material so it is quite sturdy. The steel rust-proof frame is easy to assemble and strong, even though it includes a ladder the pool won't collapse if you jump over it.
It is often advisable to level the ground before installing the pool to improve the balance and to protect the liner from holes and punctures. The Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set is a decent sized pool whose functionality and ease of use is quite commendable.
The water in it warms up pretty fast after some time in the sun, but we did notice that the filter that comes with the package is quite small. While it is true that this is not good for the water quality, it also means you will need to monitor the pool regularly, and you will probably need to purchase a cover and a water test kit.
Maintaining the quality of the water might be problematic, to avoid this, reviewers recommend the Salt Water system because it is efficient and less costly.
The pool comes with a drain plug that you attach to a garden hose to drain water from the pool, a convenient feature as the alternative is tipping the pool over or scooping the water out.
You won't have to worry about the water getting contaminated or your kids drinking the water because of the dual suction outlet fitted to the inflatable pool that helps to improve water circulation and hygiene, it also keeps the water crystal clear.
The Intex package includes an 110-120 volt filter pump with 530 gallons per hour flow rate. The filter pump is small compared to the size of the pool, but it does a decent job of filtering the pool.
The setup and maintenance guide makes it even easier to put the pool together. Overall, this Intex does not disappoint, and it works quite well
How long it lasts
This pool is quite durable, and it will survive any season or weather. It is a high-quality product, that is built to withstand all forms of conditions.
Assembling the pool
Installing the pool is incredibly easy, the only difficulty you might encounter is leveling the ground beforehand. If the ground is not even, it is advisable to level it to prevent the pool from tipping over later. After this, just snap the frames together, inflate the pool and fill it up with water.
Who is the Intex pool made for?
The pool is a great option for kids. They can sit, stand, swim or wade in it.
It is a perfect choice for any family, and you can set it up in hot weather and sit in it to soak up the sun. It can also accommodate pets and adults can sit in it if they choose.
The product includes a one year warranty
Should you buy this pool?
The Intex metal frame pool is a sturdier version of the easy set pool. It is strong and stable and long lasting.
The pool is easy to assemble and to dismantle; you can easily take it apart at the end of the season or leave it out if you choose.
It requires some maintenance to keep good quality water but other than that, it is a great buy, and we recommend it.